Kremlin says it agrees with Slovak accusations against Ukraine over oil pipeline restart
- World
- Reuters
- Published Date: 01:19 | 16 February 2026
- Modified Date: 01:21 | 16 February 2026
The Kremlin said on Monday it agreed with Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico who has accused Ukraine of holding up the restart of the Druzhba oil pipeline to try to pressure Hungary to drop its opposition to Kyiv's future membership of the European Union.
Ukraine's foreign ministry said on Thursday that Russian oil destined for Eastern Europe which goes through the Ukrainian part of the Druzhba pipeline had been suspended since January 27 due to a Russian attack.
- ‘Genocide is taking place in Gaza’: Director’s Gaza comments ignite political tension at Berlin Film Festival
- Putin to visit Kazakhstan in late May for Eurasian bloc summit
- Russia to discuss territorial issues with Ukraine at Geneva talks
- ‘All options open’ to counter Israeli seizure of Palestinian lands, senior official says
- Finnish foreign minister backs 2-state solution following meeting with Israeli counterpart