Compiled from news agencies
TÜRKIYE
Published July 05,2017 12:00 AM
Updated July 05,2017 05:23 PM
Subscribe
U.S. embassy sources told Daily Sabah Wednesday that they have received prosecutor's questions on MIT trucks probe, and will respond in upcoming days.
Earlier in the day, the U.S. embassy said in a statement that they have not received any official inquiry from the prosecutor's office regarding the probe.
Istanbul Prosecutor's Office soon responded that the document was delivered to the embassy around 3:00 a.m. local time.
According to a new indictment released by Turkish prosecutors Tuesday, two "civilians" from the Gülenist Terror Group (FETÖ) who personally oversaw the raid on trucks belonging to Turkey's National Intelligence Directorate (MİT) in 2014, made multiple phone calls to the U.S. Embassy and the local U.S. consulate just one day after the raid by FETÖ-linked troops and prosecutors.
Istanbul's Chief Public Prosecutor İrfan Fidan, who drafted the indictment, said they do not know the content of the calls that were made.