Israeli forces advance into southwestern Syria's Quneitra province: State media

Israeli forces on Friday advanced into an area west of the town of Al-Rafid in Syria's southwestern Quneitra province, Syria's state-run Alikhbaria television channel reported.

"Israeli occupation forces advanced west of Al-Rafid in the southern Quneitra countryside," the channel said in a social-media post without providing additional details.

On Wednesday, Israeli forces reportedly carried out raids elsewhere in Quneitra, detaining two people.

Last month, Syrian President Ahmad al-Sharaa said Damascus was working on reaching a security agreement with Israel that would "pave the way for a comprehensive peace without relinquishing Syria's right to the occupied Golan Heights."

Israel has occupied most of the Syrian Golan Heights since 1967.

Before the fall of the Bashar al-Assad regime in late 2024, Israel frequently carried out strikes on positions in Syria that it claimed were linked to Iranian-backed forces.

Since Assad's departure, Israel has vastly expanded the scope of its strikes to include weapons depots and strategic military positions throughout the country.



X
Sitelerimizde reklam ve pazarlama faaliyetlerinin yürütülmesi amaçları ile çerezler kullanılmaktadır.

Bu çerezler, kullanıcıların tarayıcı ve cihazlarını tanımlayarak çalışır.

İnternet sitemizin düzgün çalışması, kişiselleştirilmiş reklam deneyimi, internet sitemizi optimize edebilmemiz, ziyaret tercihlerinizi hatırlayabilmemiz için veri politikasındaki amaçlarla sınırlı ve mevzuata uygun şekilde çerez konumlandırmaktayız.

Bu çerezlere izin vermeniz halinde sizlere özel kişiselleştirilmiş reklamlar sunabilir, sayfalarımızda sizlere daha iyi reklam deneyimi yaşatabiliriz. Bunu yaparken amacımızın size daha iyi reklam bir deneyimi sunmak olduğunu ve sizlere en iyi içerikleri sunabilmek adına elimizden gelen çabayı gösterdiğimizi ve bu noktada, reklamların maliyetlerimizi karşılamak noktasında tek gelir kalemimiz olduğunu sizlere hatırlatmak isteriz.