Attacks on West Bank Palestinians by Israeli occupiers surge in 2026: Commission
- Middle East
- Anadolu Agency
- Published Date: 09:17 PM 21 August 2026
- Updated Date: 09:28 PM 21 August 2026
At least 25 Palestinians in the West Bank have been killed in attacks by Israeli occupiers since the beginning of the year, the highest figure since Palestinian authorities began recording the phenomenon in 2019, according to the Colonization and Wall Resistance Commission.
The commission said Friday that at least 87 Palestinians had been killed by Israeli occupiers in the period from Jan. 1, 2019 to Aug. 21, 2026.
Last year, 14 West Bank Palestinians were killed by Israeli occupiers, while 11 were killed in 2024, according to the commission.
Since Oct. 8, 2023, 61 Palestinians have been killed in attacks by occupiers, accounting for more than 70 percent of all deaths recorded since 2019, the commission said.
The commission added that the Ramallah and Al-Bireh governorates had recorded the highest number of fatalities-36—followed by Nablus with 26.
Hebron (Al-Khalil) has seen nine deaths, while Jerusalem and Salfit have each seen five, it said. Three were recorded in Bethlehem, two in Qalqilya, and one inside Israel's pre-1967 borders.
Children under 18 accounted for 12 of those killed, while 41 victims were between 18 and 29 years old. Overall, victims have ranged in age from 14 to 72.
According to the commission, recent years have seen increased attacks by Israeli occupiers on Palestinian villages, towns and agricultural land in the West Bank, where illegal Israeli settlement outposts have expanded in tandem.
The commission urged the international community to take practical steps to halt attacks by Israeli occupiers and hold perpetrators accountable.
Palestinian officials say the attacks, combined with illegal settlement expansion, are aimed at expelling Palestinians from their land and paving the way for the eventual annexation of the West Bank by Israel.
- UN urges US to facilitate access for Palestinian officials amid reports of possible Abbas visa denial
- Syrian foreign minister vows to pursue those responsible for 2013 chemical attacks
- Türkiye, 7 other countries condemn Israel's unlawful settlement policies in Palestinian territories
- Austria calls Israel’s E1 settlement decision ‘another step away from peace’