Death toll from building collapse in northern Lebanon rises to 9
The death toll from the collapse of a five-story residential building in Tripoli’s Bab al-Tabbaneh neighborhood has risen to nine, Lebanese authorities said. Rescue teams continue searching the rubble as several people are still believed to be trapped.
- Middle East
- Anadolu Agency
- Published Date: 07:17 AM 09 February 2026
The death toll from the collapse of an old residential building in the northern Lebanese city of Tripoli has risen to nine, authorities said Sunday.
The five-story building collapsed earlier in the day in Tripoli's Bab al-Tabbaneh neighborhood. Search and rescue operations are continuing at the site.
Imad Khreich, director general of the Lebanese Civil Defense, told reporters that 15 people have been pulled from the rubble, including six who were rescued alive.
Rescue teams are still attempting to reach around eight people believed to be trapped beneath the debris, according to information obtained by Anadolu.
Tripoli Mayor Abdel Hamid Karimeh earlier said that six people were killed and seven others injured in the collapse.
- Iran’s nuclear chief signals ‘possible dilution’ of 60% enriched uranium if sanctions lifted
- 40 Gazans cross Rafah crossing under strict Israeli restrictions, Palestinian Red Crescent says
- UN chief 'gravely concerned' over Israeli decision to expand control in West Bank
- Turkish foreign minister holds phone call with Iranian counterpart
- US advises commercial vessels to avoid Iranian waters amid high tensions