Galatasaray crush bottom-placed Karabukspor 7-0
The league leaders Galatasaray defeated bottom-placed Karabükspor 7-0 on Saturday evening in Turkish Super Lig's 24th week match.
French striker Bafetimbi Gomis scored four goals, Garry Rodrigues added one and another own goal from Karabükspor in the first half cemented an insurmountable lead for the last-placed club with 6-0.
The second half did not see a lot of action, but Galatasaray scored another goal, this time by Sinan Gümüş as the league leaders increased its points total to 50.
On Saturday afternoon, Medipol Başakşehir defeated Göztepe 2-0, also increased to 50 points and continue to closely follow Galatasaray.
- Man City's De Bruyne among the best in world, says Hazard
- Arsenal in worse position than last year, says Wenger
- Roger Bannister, first to run mile in under 4 minutes, dies
- Italy international footballer Davide Astori found dead in hotel room
- Dutch midfielder Sneijder calls time on international career