Rally Turkey Day 2: Lappi storm continues
First day leader and Citroen driver Esapekka Lappi secured his leading position on the second day of Rally Turkey with an overall of 2:40:15.6, with three more stages to go on Saturday.
Yeşilbelde 1 (SS8), Datça 1 (SS9) and Kızılan 1 (SS10) stages have completed so far. The drivers will return to the garages to get prepared for the afternoon action where these three stages will be repeated once more.
After passing the most challenging, rocky and dusty stages of Rally Turkey on Friday, drivers are showing more pace at the second day.
The sixth-time World Champion Sebastien Ogier topped the SS2 but his gap with the leader grow from 2.2. to 10.2 seconds after SS10, while Andreas Mikkelsen was the fastest in the SS9 in his Toyota Yaris. Current Rally Turkey leader Lappi finished SS10 fastest.
Championship leader Ott Tanak stopped at the SS9 due to a technical problem in his car and lost 5 minutes.
The second name of championship battle Thierry Neuville lost 5 positions after Friday and remains as 8th fastest on the overall timetable.
Here are the leading times of the second day's overall so far:
1. Esapekka Lappi (Citroen C3) 2:40:15.6
2. Sebastien Ogier (Citroen C3) +10.2
3. Andreas Mikkelsen (Hyundai i20) +1:08.1
4. Teemu Suninen (Ford M-Sport) +1.20.7
5. Dani Sordo (Hyundai i20) +2:10.9
6. Jari-Matti Latvala (Toyota Yaris) +2:36.6
7. Kris Meeke (Toyota Yaris) +2:36.7
8. Thierry Neuville (Hyundai i20) +4:50.5
9. Pontus Tidemand (Ford M-Sport) +5:36.8
10. Ott Tanak (Toyota Yaris) +9:02.2