The Palestine Mission in the UK expressed deep concern and frustration on Sunday over a recent surge in attacks on its London-based building, accusing the British government of neglecting repeated requests for diplomatic protection.
In a statement shared on X, it revealed that the embassy had been targeted in yet another assault on Saturday night, marking the fourth such incident in recent weeks.
It included security camera footage capturing one of the attacks, underscoring the severity of the situation.
"All attacks and threats have been reported to the British police, and the president of the State of Palestine has requested immediate diplomatic police protection to the Mission in London from the UK prime minister, holding the UK government responsible for the safety of the Palestinian ambassador, staff and families," it said.
"Until today, the UK government has failed to provide such diplomatic protection in line with international norms. The lack of any action by the British government, ignoring Palestinian rights and concerns, is inexplicable and unacceptable," it noted.
"It is the responsibility of the UK government to enable the Palestinian Mission in London to function unhindered. We urge, yet again, the British government to take immediate steps to ensure the security and safety of the Palestinian Mission, its ambassador and staff," it added.
The death toll in Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip since Oct. 7 has reached 13,000, including over 5,500 children and 3,500 women, the media office in the besieged enclave said on Sunday.
The number of injuries has exceeded 30,000, with more than 75% of them being children and women, it said in a statement.
The administration said the number of missing persons crossed 6,000, with most of them suspected of lying under the rubble of fallen buildings.
Thousands of buildings, including hospitals, mosques and churches, have either been damaged or destroyed in Israel's relentless strikes on Gaza.
An Israeli blockade has also cut Gaza off from fuel, electricity and water supplies and reduced aid deliveries to a trickle.
Tel Aviv has rejected growing calls for a cease-fire until the release of hostages held by the Palestinian group Hamas.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Saturday that "we will only agree to a temporary cease-fire and only in exchange for the return of our hostages."