Iranian media report two outstanding points in talks with US
US and Iranian negotiators are close to a deal to end the current war, with only "one or two points" outstanding due to "obstacles on the part of the United States," according to Iran's Tasnim news agency.
- Middle East
- DPA
- Published Date: 02:15 | 24 May 2026
One or two points remain outstanding in ongoing talks between US and Iranian negotiators to end the current war, Iran's Tasnim news agency reported on Sunday, citing an informed source.
Tasnim, which is associated with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), attributed the differences to "obstacles on the part of the United States."
It did not provide details, beyond reporting that Tehran was insisting on its rights and stating that no agreement could be concluded if the obstacles were not removed.
US President Donald Trump earlier stated on his Truth Social platform that an agreement had been "largely" negotiated concerning reopening the Strait of Hormuz.
"Final aspects and details of the Deal are currently being discussed, and will be announced shortly," he added.
A second Tasnim report said that an agreement would mean an end to the current war on all fronts. It would include a commitment for the withdrawal of all US forces in the region - a point that Tehran has insisted upon.
- Oman, Iran discuss principles governing navigation through Strait of Hormuz under int'l law
- US official says Washington, Tehran reach preliminary deal to reopen Strait of Hormuz: Reports
- Trump says Iran talks ‘constructive’ but blockade will remain until final deal is reached
- Israeli strikes kill 3, wound several in southern Lebanon in latest ceasefire violation
- Iran ready to reassure world it is not pursuing nuclear weapons, president says