Tehran attackers were Iranian, security official says
An Iranian security official told reporters that the perpetrators of Wednesday's twin terrorist attacks in Tehran were Iranians.
The perpetrators of Wednesday's twin terrorist attacks in Tehran were Iranians, an Iranian security official said Thursday.
"The perpetrators of both attacks, which left at least 12 people dead, were all Iranians," Iranian daily Sharq quoted Reza Saifullah, an Iranian national security official, as saying.
On Wednesday, gunmen in Tehran opened fire inside Iran's parliament building and near a shrine devoted to the late Ayatollah Khomeini, killing at least 12 people and injuring another 43, according to reports by Iranian officials.
All the assailants were eventually killed by Iranian security forces, officials said.
Citing Iranian lawmaker Qolam-Ali Jafarzadeh Imenabadi, Iran's IRNA news agency reported that a total of four gunmen had been involved in the attack on parliament.
Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps, for its part, has accused Saudi Arabia and the U.S. of being behind Wednesday's deadly attacks.